Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just a Touch of Baby Rabies

"Menstruation is always a little sad." I read this in Erica Jong's Fear of Flying and I thought for sure she must be crazy. I was nineteen, living with my boyfriend, his best friend, a teen mother, and her 1 year old daughter. No matter how careful I'd been menstruation was always a happy confirmation. But now I'm older, not much older and not old enough, but older. Every few months I get sick right around "that time" of month and I think "hmmm, maybe I'm pregnant." Usually I go back and forth between feeling excited and terrified, spend a few days panicking and fantasying then it all comes to an end.

What I've always found interesting in life is that children are one thing, which I am excited for, but very willing to contently wait for. Very few things in my life have been this way. I wonder what that says about me? I wonder what it says about the things I had no interest in waiting for?

I feel that I do this blog thing all wrong but it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment