Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Painkillers and Dream

I broke my collar bone so I was taking painkillers for the past week. I have been weaning myself off of them slowly to avoid the side affects of stopping them all at once, which would result in my not sleeping for days. I have cut myself down to half of one and now the trouble begins. I have gone from a very very unconscious sleep, to a very drugged, but conscious enough to remember my dreams kind of sleep. Let me tell you, they are interesting.

Last night I dreamed (that sounds incorrect but it's right dreamnt is correct in England not here, or so I've been told) that I saw John in the mall and he blew me off. I have no idea why he I was dreaming about John, but I am fairly certain if we bumped into each other we could at least say "hi." Then his girlfriend laid into me about how "against nature" it was that I would want to say hi to him. Then he got annoyed with both of us and found a new girl friend. We were both very surprised by his new choice because his new choice was a squid. Did I forget to mention we were all octopuses? (according to google octupi is incorrect. : /)

So of course I had to dream dictionary this one. So I headed on over to http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/ and here is what I learned.

Ex-Boyfriend: To see an old ex-boyfriend from childhood in your dream, refers to a freer, less encumbered relationship. The dream serves to bring you back to a time where the responsibilities of adulthood (or marriage) did not interfere with the spontaneity of romance. You need to recapture the excitement, freedom, and vitality of youth that is lacking in your present relationship

OK. So far I need to be brought back to a time when I felt more like an Octopus. Also the entry about seeing an ex in your dream is ridiculously detailed. My favorite is "if you see your ex in a suit at the hospital...." is that that common of a dream?

Next up is Octopi: To see an octopus in your dream, means that you are
entangled in some difficult matter. Your judgment is being clouded. Alternatively, the octopus indicates that you are overly possessive and maybe too clingy in a relationship.

Interesting. The fictional girl friend was being far to clingy, but I'm not sure that is the point. I like the entanglement idea and the fact that this entanglement might be making me long for an easier time. Now, just for fun..

Squid: To see a squid in your dream, suggests that you are feeling unconsciously threatened. Your judgment may also be clouded. Perhaps you are not seeing things too clearly at the moment. Alternatively, a squid symbolizes greed. You go after what you want without any regard for others.

Well together the message is clear and obvious. I was hoping for something funnier. I am taking only 1/4 of a pill tonight so well see what kind of dreams that produces.

No comments:

Post a Comment