Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This Dinner is Worth a It's Own Post!

I am a true believer that everyone needs a few REALLY simple dinner on hand. I also believe that everyone should have some ridiculously easy crock pot recipes on hand as well. It helps if they are cheap. These are not necessarily the foods I want to eat everyday but in a pinch they are amazing. I made one today that I have made a few times before but today I decided it was so delicious, economical, and easy that it actually requires it's own post.

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

Ingredients:
4 Chicken breast (to make this cheaper I sometimes use thighs and it taste great)
2/3 cup cup of Italian dressing
10 oz (I believe they are actually 10.8 oz) can of cream of chicken
8 oz of cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
Egg Noodles
Whatever spices you desire, I usually use red pepper flacks, white pepper, and a pepper medley because the Italian dressing gives it a lot of flavor but it needs some zip to off set them all.

Directions:
1) cube the chicken
2) put Chicken, soup, and dressing in the slow cooker. You can also put the cream cheese in now but I find it's creamer if you wait.
3) Mix and turn on crock pot. I have cooked this everywhere from 4 to 10 hours and it's still good. I recommend thighs if you do more than four hours though because they do not dry out as quickly.
4) about 30 minutes before dinner start egg noodles and add the cream cheese and sour cream.
5) Scoop over Egg noodles and dinner is served!!

No comments:

Post a Comment