Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

More Thankfulness

November 4- I am thankful for my family. I know this is coming late but I knew that I was going to write about it  at some point so I figured I would write some less cliche things first. I wrote the other day about how much my dad works. I have always been every thankful for that. I am also thankful for how incredibly close knit my family is. What this essentially means is that we all annoy the heck out of each other on a very regular basis, but we also will stand by each other no matter what. I think it's a decent trade off.

November 5- To be very honest I am having a lot of trouble being thankful today. I'm not grumpy exactly, I'm just not exactly feeling grateful. That being said I am incredibly thankful that I live in New England again. I missed my family around the holidays and I am generally happier here.

View of Lake Winnipesaukee in NH from Mnt. Major


Really, is there anything not to love about this view?

November 6- I'm thankful for every life lesson about money that has contributed to me actually surviving this broken collar bone and resulting unemployment.

November 7- Today I am thankful for my health. This is another one that I knew I would write about eventually. It seems a little silly to me to write this with a broken collar bone, but that's very different than poor health. Before I broke my collar bone I was working as an in home aid for a child with cerbal palsy. He was a very sweet very happy child. He made me realize how little I have to complain about. (See I'm getting more thankful as the days go on.)

2 comments:

  1. When you wake up every day and you find that you're still alive, be thankful for that too:) even if you're broke and miserable, be thankful for the gift you still have: your health.

    P.S: lovely picture! Is that New England?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is from New Hampshire. I try to be thankful everyday, this Thankfulness challenge is really helping.

    ReplyDelete