Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful for My Best Friend

The Past five or so years have been crazy for me and my best friend. We actually went a year without speaking, not because we were made at each other we were just at really different places in our lives doing very different things. To be honest that's still where we are in our lives. Still, no matter how different our lives are at the moment we still do things that make me swear she's like my platonic soul mate.

We both have the most ridiculous thought processes but they are very much the same. I used to think this was the result of how much time we spent together. But over the past few years we're been seeing each other 2-3 times a year and talking on the phone at most once a month and still our logic is impeccably similar.

We wanted to make cookies. I unfortunately left all my dinosaur cookie cutters in Oklahoma so we had to go out to buy new cookie cutters. the place we went had two packages to choose from and each package had two different shapes in it. We could choose between hearts and flowers, or stars and butterflies. Our analysis of this situation was hilarious because our thoughts are so alike. Talking over each other and finishing each other's sentences we came to the following conclusions.

1) Stars are the best shape offered.

2) Butterflies are the worst shape offered

3) Hearts and flowers are both boring and mediocre.

Therefore we both felt it was better to buy the stars and butterflies and at least get one awesome shape rather than two boring ones.

This might not sound awesome in writing but the way we were racing to finish each others thoughts was awesome. It's just so comforting to know that I am not alone in this world no matter how weird and eccentric I may be.




This shape is relatively awesome.

This shape is boring and awful.


This shape is utterly average.

We didn't want to use these shapes because the cookies were for her Jewish boyfriend. (I know it's hard to tell but the yellow one came in an Easter Bunny set.)

This shape is amazing but I thought it was in Oklahoma (I found it later.)

4 comments:

  1. I can't get past the incorrect white balance in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one shaped as a moose.. how about that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justeeny, you have taken pictures in that kitchen so you know how difficult it is.

    Red--I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stars are absolutely the best shape out there.

    ReplyDelete