Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Be Careful Who You Tell Things To...

Today I am thankful that my husband is very loving and has a great sense of humor when it comes to my mischief.

When we first met we worked together and were friends who bonded over each-others' "impishness." We both consider ourselves very clever and enjoyed trying to outsmart each-other. We worked at a grocery store together as cashiers. The bane of every cashiers existence is being in the express lane and J discovered a way around it. We had a rule that said if a cashier had over $600.00 in his or her drawer they had to get someone to come take the money away. This was to keep the money safe. Well J let his drawer get over $2,000.00 in it when he was on the express lane. When he was yelled at it he said "I didn't have time to have someone pick up the money I was too busy with all the customers." When I asked him about this he told me with a smirk, "If you do something wrong once, you'll never be asked to do it again."

Oh J, if only you'd known then that I was the woman you;d marry. Then maybe you would have thought twice about letting me in on your big secret. Flash forward to yesterday.

I was backing my car up. I was aware that my side view mirror was hitting a bush, but I wasn't concerned. Then suddenly.. CRASH!! It turns out that bush was hiding a big metal pole, and that pole took my mirror to the ground. J told me "You broke it your in charge of fixing it." So I did for $3.00.










I would like to thank the inventory of purple duct tape, and my husbands' patients for this moment of incredible awesomeness. I am still debating buying some leopard print duct tape and making a pretty design. I have a feeling I won't be in charge of fixing the car again anytime soon. Mission Accomplished,

2 comments:

  1. Marriage is funny isn't it? Cute post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Love the solution. And no, he really shouldn't have let you in on his secret. :)

    ReplyDelete